Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) – Land Survey
We offer a variety of survey services to the Mining and Utilities sector from topographic surveys to Environmental Impact Assessment imagery for proposed wind turbines, hydro schemes, substations, transmission lines and pipelines.
Our innovative, unique UAV platforms provide high definition imagery, elevation data and digital terrain models (DTM) to enable better scoping, planning, design and maintenance decisions.
- Reduce costs – we can survey >500 Ha in a day
- Save time – large areas surveyed up to 50 times faster than ground-based land surveying with multiple teams allowing rapid deployment
- Improve safety – survey hazardous areas with minimal ground access and less time on site due to rapid data collection
- Better information – vertical and oblique photography is combined with accurate topographic data, digital terrain modelling and volumetric analysis
- Improve decision making – more detailed and up-to-date than off-the-shelf data
- Topographic surveys
- Environmental impact assessments
- As-built surveys
- Construction progress photography
- Flood risk surveys
- Volumetric analysis
- Line of sight surveys
- Site design
- Route surveys
- Marketing images
Our UAVs acquire hundreds of vertical images on each flight. These images are processed using our bespoke software to produce high-resolution orthophotos. An orthoimage is an aerial photograph with a uniform scale similar to a map.
The orthophotos can be georeferenced to a known coordinate system and overlaid on existing data, used in Google Earth or independently. Imagery can be supplied in formats compatible with GIS, CAD, Google Earth or printed in large format.
The aerial photography is supplied at resolutions up to 2.5cm/pixel (unlike off-the-shelf aerial imagery that is typically 12.5cm/pixel resolution and may well be out-of-date.
Digital Elevation Models
We acquire hundreds of stereo images on each UAV flight. Our bespoke software generates accurate and detailed digital elevation models (DEM) or 3D representations of the terrain surface. The DEM can be used for visualisation, volumetric analysis and design tasks.
Currently we are producing topographic data with an accuracy level of 50-60mm, which is comparable to traditional GPS ground-based techniques. The DEM data can be supplied in formats compatible with GIS and CAD systems or we can process the data to your requirements.
Typically we issue this elevation data at 1m grid resolution but smaller resolutions can be supplied on request.
To see how RIGCOM Access – UAV GUARANTEES to provide you a quick, cost effective solution to carry out inspection services that will decrease downtimes and increase your facilities productivity. Call RIGCOM Access – UAV NOW for your Free consultation on 1300 893 230 or email contact us